Do we have spline based expression curves in C7 ?

@JM oh, you are correct! and it is interesting indeed! my mistake was i automatically left the (low resolution) domain of midi automation (0-127 discreet values and normally 1920 midi ticks per second @240bpm) jumping to the (higher resolution) audio domain (24bit amplitude and fs steps per second) (as the eq seemed to be an fft spline eq --like the voxengo, though with more stuff going on). it is a completely different thing how much the in-vst(i) resolution of the spline is (as in the photosounder eq) and how the vst automation-midi-communicates with cubase (or any other daw for that matter) using the vst protocol!

i was just saying that since all automation in reality is midi, spline-ing (interpolating on a line) should exist within the vsti of our choice (as it is now) and that it should be configurable (up to a degree) for every controller! another option, that has more to do with cubase, would be to be able to “bake”/“freeze” the lines or drawing of automation at tick level and not be constrained at 128ths with an additional feature to improve the line tool to be easier to use (as in illustrator/inkscape)!

edit: i noticed i’m not making sense right there in the end, so here goes: i’m saying an advanced line tool with more resolution on midi is what i believe would be more effective, not bezier curves replacing/layering over the existing midi-automation!