MR816csx audio dropouts

Sorry to add to the list instead of a cure but I have a Windows 7 64bit Core i5 netbook with 8GB ram and I have tried everything, including moving to a TI firewire cardbus disabled everything including the graphics driver so that I lost the 2nd screen I would use to record live with. Nothing worked. The graphics were so low the only thing that I could see in cubase was the control unit and when I pressed play the dropouts were just as bad. I also tried my N12 on the laptop (works a treat in the studio on Vista ultamate 64bit) and it was the same. I’ve sent word to steinberg but as yet heard nothing back. I really don’t know what to do next. If I thought installing the studio vista would cure everything I’d give it a go but the laptops 6mths old and all that hastle just to find out its the same would kill me.
I’ve only had the MR8 a few days and I’m sure I could return it but I really want it to work. I used an Audiofire 4 on the same notebook a week ago and after increasing the buffer to 190 it worked perfect for multitrack recording, at 512 the MR8 can’t play 1 single imported music track or an itunes song without stuttering and droping out. I’ll have spent nearly £1000 by the time I add up the unit and cards etc so keeping it as a studio ornament is really not an option. If anyone can come up with a solution there are by the looks of things a lot of us who really need it. :frowning: