Cubase 8 is (no longer) a pain to work with

I think you are misusing the word “bug”. A bug is a feature or process that doesn’t perform a known and testable input/output pair. A lot of the window idiosyncrasies are not viewed as bugs. But simply a known set of operations based on how the UI is implemented. They don’t stop any testable operation from taking place.

I don’t bring this up to be pedantic, but I see the “C8 is full of bugs” statements a lot. Actually C8 is not really all that buggy. It has usability flaws that hopefully improve for sure.

I have been having really weird bugs with the menu bar: it becomes blank, the menus disappear but when I click with the mouse on that blank menu bar the dropdown menu open like it should. It doesn’t happen always though, it comes from time to time.

Perfect example of “not a bug” (assuming I know what you are describing) … This is due to the way Windows proper handles open applications conflicting with how the C8 main menu bar handles open window instances. So, technically is “working as designed”. That design just happens to suck.