Cant Seem to get Fader Port to work with 8

I have it working here on 8 Pro on Windows 7 64

Firstly don’t do any Presonus firmware updates - if you do, the controls will work but the fader will not move. I had to go back to 1.2 installer and firmware to get it to work properly. If memory serves, it was the 3.8 software that really screwed things up! Presonus are pretty useless in that they haven’t bothered to properly explain the problem or fix their dodgy firmware.

Secondly, don’t copy any DLL file to Components and select as with earlier Cubase versions…waste of time! Just install Mackie HUI as a remote and then select Faderport on the MIDI in and out.

Finally, in MIDI port set up, un cross Faderport from All inputs, or else there will be a constant meter movement and possible MIDI note being generated. Restart system.

All functions work, except that there is something odd about the Channel select and Bank implementation, which means that sometimes you select the wrong channel in error. I haven’t figured out exactly what is going on.

One other thing. By default Pro8 is set to JUMP on fader control. Change this to TOUCH, or else you’ll be knocking faders out of position as you go to them. Preferences>Editing>Controls> Slider Mode> TOUCH

Hope you get it working!