QL Spaces

I better back up here and straighten some things out. QL Spaces is a convolution reverb designed and marketed by Nick Phoenix who was Quantum Leap by himself before Doug Rogers suggested they merge and become EWQL. However Spaces was Nick’s own project and he put it out somewhere around 2008 or 2009. It is very highly regarded in orchestral midi composer circles so I decided to buy it while it was on half price sale during January.

Now I may have some conceptual misconceptions in that I thought it would be picked up by Cubase Pro 8 automatically and that all I had to do was to record some sample library music using an instrument track, open the mixer and since the audio track was automatically there I could simply go to the insert section of the channel strip and QL Spaces would be there in the reverb section with Reverence, Revelation, etc., so I’m trying to find out what should I do to make it show up where I can use it that way because I’ve watched Alex Pheffer use it in his YT video about making an orchestra template in Cubase 6.5.

I hope this explains more about what I want to do and I would appreciate any help anyone can give me to do this.

Thanks,
Tom

PS I just checked inside CP8 and what I’m talking about is labeled an effect and not a VST or VSTi.