GROOVE AGENT vs BFD

Hi,

it would be helpful to know what you are looking for exactly. GA 4 and BFD 2/3 are quite different beasts.

I have both BFD2 and GA4 (besides a few other drum samplers and alike), but GA4 is a recent addition to my arsenal.
For acoustic drums I’m usually going for BFD2, as I think it can provide a much better, natural and dynamic sound. It provides generally a number of articulations for particular instruments and there are more drum kits and individual instruments available. For BFD(2/3) there are quite a number of expansion packs available for various needs.

GA4 on the other hand is of course more versatile if you are not only after acoustic drums. It provides quite a library for the “Beat Agent” - which is basically a sophisticate drum sampler. GA4 is tightly integrated into Cubase/Nuendo, and it features a style player for percussion and acoustic agents.

So, I think both are different beasts, the choice will depend on your priorities. I’m happy to own both, they can even complement each other.

Regards,
Mike