RE : Artist 6 to Artist 8 (reinstallation?)

Hi IMP,

I spoke to my PC today shop about installing a bare-bones Windows 8.1 OS. As he interpreted it, he said it must be that DELL have bundled in tons of their own stuff and what not. And that this I what I currently have at the moment from when they REFORMATTED it last month. He said that he’s quite sure what I am asking for will be via a DIFFERENT Windows OS disc to the one they used after the REFORMAT. Therefore, I will have to purchase a LICENSE for this (because it’s not the default disc you get when you initially buy the machine). He guessed it will cost about just under £100 off the top of his head for the LICENSE/DISC.

If I get Fred-down-the-road to do it, then it VOIDS my Warranty!

I am looking at getting a 500GB SDD to go inside the machine. Again, if I purchase it from them, then they said they should be able to wangle a deal.

Whilst I am considering everything of which you very kindly suggest, I may not take you up on everything. Also, I have a budget I am trying to work within. I do appreciate your help and also fellow member LBro44 has be giving me some help alongside you.

Bloody computers! It was so much better when it was all just about a Fender Rhodes Piano and a Yamaha DX7! lol

Best,

Paul