An open plea to Steinberg

There’s a lot listed in this very thread. The biggest ones for me are:

VE Pro / ASIOguard (ongoing problems)
Disabled / re-enabled tracks still has issues (eg Quick Controls not remembered after a disabled save; disabled multi outs coming up with extraneous nags on launching a project)
Record Arming VCAs still always grouped
Windows management in W7 still unreliable

I don’t have core stability issues that some others seem to. But another huge part of it for me is the piroritising of new features and enhancements. It’s easy to brush off as “everyone wants something different”, but there are some really solid core functionality issues (most of which are relatively small, not big ticket “have an arranger like Ableton” type noise) that have been long long requested that go on for years unaddressed while other far more spurious new features get added. We had around 20 or so good solid little improvements in 8.5, all of which hugely welcome. Trouble is - we need about 1020. I think the overall thrust is (with seemingly few arguing against it here) - lots more practical long-asked-for smaller improvements, less stuff like VST Cloud which are developer resource intensive and will be hugely under-used by users. Once a lot more of those have been addressed, then I think many of us would be less grouchy about stuff like Cloud.

Incidentally, I’ve updated a lot of my bug and issuses threads to reflect that after a year they have not been addressed. I don’'t think a single post has been moderator approved. This is another problem - I think many of us simply feel ignored, and in frustration we end up creating threads like this.

There has to be a better system than this - Steinberg, we’re all ears. Over to you.