Track Visibility nightmares! Any help moving from PT?

I just came up with a pretty decent solution. At least it seems that way now but I’ll be interested to see how it plays out.

It’s a kind of VCA Spill. Maybe someone on here has already figured this out too. I like to mix with VCAs, so all tracks are part of one VCA group.

If you make one vis config that shows just the VCAs, you have all your subgroups essentially. Then if you select one particular VCA, you can use the command ‘show channels connected to the first selected channel’ (I think that’s the command). This will ‘spill’ that particular VCA onto the faders. Then you can just recall the VCA vis config before spilling another group. With key commands and/or Slate Raven (what I am trying to setup) this will be pretty good I think!

If I am adding new tracks to a session at mix time, I am more than likely duplicating tracks which should place them into the existing VCA group (I hope), so there theoretically shouldn’t be any problems with tracks showing up in all configs. The only one I may need to update when I add new tracks is the VCA vis config.

Keen to hear people’s thoughts on this :stuck_out_tongue: