Best computer for Cubase?

This debate pops up from time to time on this forum. I can remember at least 10 times during my membership time. Here on the forum you will find die hard fans of both the PC’s and the MAC. I have tried out 7 PC and two MACs (MAC PRO - not the MACBook PRO) in my studio. I have used all from windows XP to Windows 10 on the PC and all from Snow Leopard to Mavericks on the MAC. When it comes to choosing I am not fan of either, or the other way around; a fan of both, depending on the task they are going to be working on.

I do all my dayly work as an organization consultants on PC (as office has a better GUI on PC than MAC) and I currently own 7 of them. I do all my studio work on MAC and I own two of them. I even have one MAC and one PC set up working together.

The reason for running the studio on a MAC, and not on the more (for me) familiar PC, is that it was like going from hell to heaven when it comes to installing SW instruments and plugins and operational stability.

Mind you that is my experience, and only mine. I have understood through the referred previous forum discussions that for some people it is the other way around. Among my friends and aquaintancies there are both MACs and PCs. I get less questions on technical issues from the MAC users, however too few friends to have any significant statistical value.

My advice would be to get a computer that looks nice and can be upgraded memory wise and where you can add more disc capacity, either inside or outside the computer. And a fairly fast one. If you are going to have the computer in the same room as your mic is, go fo the most silent ones. Get a black one or a grey one. A green one or a yellow one. You see there are many other aspects other than wheather it is a MAC or a PC. For the same kind of perfomance they cost about the same. Don’t let anyone tell you otherwise.