Hide or delete short names of instruments etc.

Rob,
The strange thing results from me choosing a trombone patch to stand in for a trumpet sound because I didn’t like the one provided. The second unnamed one is odd though: there ought to be three trombones sharing that staff.
I don’t have any iteration of Finale, and haven’t used it since some time in the 1990s. My current modifications could be done with Sibelius, Encore, Dorico, or Notion for iOS. I do have Photoscore though, which I find clunky; not PDFtoMusic Pro, which however sounds wonderful.
Daniel, I got rid of the ~/Library/Application Support/Steinberg/Dorico files, three of them, but then got the eternal beachball when I tried to open one of these problem files. It loaded the instrument patches into Halion but then stalled at “75%”.
As I’ve said before, this particular issue isn’t urgent for me just now, but I’d be glad to help with any data I can provide to help you iron out bugs in order to enhance Dorico’s functionality, especially when faced by people like me who tend to find unorthodox workarounds for immediate problems without much of a view to future consequences. Of course I’d be happy for any insight which does provide me with a fix, and accept it guilt-free, so long as it isn’t taking you or your team away from more pressing matters.
Thanks to both of you, and to Derrek, for hints and help.j