Microtonal Support

The above statement has me confused. Will all microtonal adjustments require being inside of some sort of EDO? Many systems of just intonation and temperament are explicitly not equal divisions of the octave; so I’m not sure why EDOs even play a role in this system.

My initial reading of this statement leads me to believe I have to figure out how many pitches occur in the octave, then I can use the tonality system in conjunction with VST Note Expression to individually flatten or sharpen a particular pitch.

For instance: if I’m working in a fixed, 21-pitch system of just intonation (i.e., where the sharps and flats are not enharmonically equivalent), I would set my “pitch delta” to 21, then individually select the accidental that applies to each of the 21 discrete pitches – in this case, 7 natural pitches, plus 7 sharps, plus 7 flats – and then use HALion’s Note Expression to sort how much the particular naturals, sharps, and flats are raised and lowered, respectively.

Is my description correct above? Admittedly, this topic is difficult to explain over a messaging board.

My preference would be to assign one of the many accidental glyphs available a property of lowering or raising a pitch automatically once it’s placed in the score. (Although I can already predict problems with my system.)

It sounds like you’re all working on this problem, and I appreciate the effort. it’s not an easy problem to solve.