HALion 6 content location???

It took some time for me to finally get the download to finish. Twice it locked up on me, I’d click on ‘pause’ with no response. The only way to shut it down was using ctrl+alt+delete. Anyway, I finally got it to work. Thanks to ‘swhiting’ for pointing out the settings gear in the upper right hand corner. After clicking on it on the left side it says “Storage location for files downloaded by aria2:” then click on the small box just to the right and you’ll be prompted to show where you want the download to go, which should be a folder on a secondary drive. Click on the gear again to get back to the first page. Click on HALion 6, then on the right side click on download. When finished go to the folder you selected for your download and you’ll see 14 large files. Double click on the first one and you’ll get the ‘Welcome to HALion 6’ box. You should have a second folder (also on your secondary drive) for the installer and content files to extract to. (My 2 folders I named ‘HALion 6’ and ‘HALion 6–Content’). In the Welcome box click on ‘Browse’ to select your second folder. I can’t remember each stage but there is one where in the lower left corner there’s a small box that says “Install for anyone who uses this computer (all users)”. I clicked on that box, then clicked next. I think that’s about the time when a small black box (like in the MS-DOS days) running ‘robocopy.exe’ popped up. It goes on for a while and when it’s done you come to the finish line. Click ‘Finish’. Thanks also to ‘J L Bowie’ for cracking ‘The case of the missing HALion 6 Content’.
The path he shows is: Local Disk (C:)/ProgramData/Steinberg/Content/Halion
In my case I had to go a little further:
(C:)/ProgramData/Steinberg/Content/Halion/VST Sound and there I saw 132 content files. I noticed 2 types, VSTSOUND Files and shortcut files to pointing to HALion 5 content. And I checked my C: drive properties. Before I had around 78 GB free of 232 GB. Now it says 56.4 GB free of 232 GB. This convinces me that there’s only one content set on my C: drive.

If you can’t find the Program Data folder it’s one of the hidden folders in Windows. I can’t remember how I got them to show but I know it was through an online search for ‘Windows Hidden Folders’. I just got this from Google:

1 - Right-click the Windows Logo button and choose Open Windows Explorer.
2 - Click Organize and choose Folder and Search Options.
3 - Click the View tab, select Show hidden files and folders and then clear the checkbox for Hide protected system operating files.

If that doesn’t work, keep Googling.

Time for a beer!

Bobby Ryan.