Multi-timeline

A picture or mobile film would be nice, but now I think I get it :slight_smile:

cool concept, I think I would find it weird at first but possibly quite useful. So the height thing is only to create the illusion of two screens with tracks?

Thinking as I type here…

If it’s just for editing and to see the tracks while mixing, you should be able to get the exact same result (I think I just had the idea now) using dual machines using Nuendo Network functionality, that would give you a mirror display where you could look at the project in two different simultaneous views, totally independent, and still have all the actual data in just one and just share the tracks. You can do basic editing on the “slave system” (not plugin based automation though) but as long as it is just intended to give a second independent view of the timeline it should actually work quite well. The drawback would of course be the cost of the second system, but I guess it could use a small simple computer with storage, as it does not need to run any real time plugins or routing processing at all, a mac mini should suffice.
With system link you can then navigate using any of the systems. Of course you would have to use a switcher or a second mouse keyboard or something to be able to control the keyboard mouse of the Slave system, or you could just use a Lemur ipad to do track scrolling and set visibility changes. etc.

This would also make it possible for a single system mix but with a dual operator track based operation of sorts.

It could actually work. Wether it would be an improvement on your concept? Perhaps not as it does get a tad complex. But still pretty slick. And of course you could use the slave system as a secondary machine for adding extra sound fx etc during mix, without ever stopping the mix itself on the main machine, but that is just a bonus.