ASIO Latency Compensation Problems

You are apparently having problems understanding what I have posted, I’m sorry for that!

Both Cubase and Reaper have problems with MIDI ASIO latency compensation, but they’re not the same problem! :exclamation:

I used a Roland Studio Capture (SC) with its ASIO driver for this (the Cubase) demo and ASIO4ALL with my computer’s internal sound “card” for the Reaper demo (to report erroneous latencies).

You apparently didn’t use the same procedure! :exclamation: The live recording of the microphone (first track) was physically delayed by input latency of the SC. The live recording of its loopback (second track) was further physically delayed by the sum of the SC’s input and output latencies. DAW audio ASIO latency compensation (or record latency (RTL) compensation) shifts all newly recorded tracks (live recordings) by the reported RTL to synchronize them with tracks being played back during the recording. Note that Cubase, like Reaper, is apparently supposed to allow that compensation to be disabled, but it doesn’t work in Cubase. "Adjust for Record Latency" Checkbox Does Nothing - Steinberg Lounge - Steinberg Forums

That’s because your first track wasn’t recorded at the same time as the second track. It was played back rather than recorded when the second track was recorded. :exclamation:

The SC’s reported RTLs are within +/- 1 sample at all sample rates and buffer sizes. I previously verified this by playing back a track containing a test signal thru single and double loopbacks.

Can you show me/us? :question: