How do I remove a page in the middle of a score?

I’m trying to “think Dorico” about this: make the rules work, rather than breaking them (with overrides and workarounds).

In 38 pages there are 16 Master Page Changes. These are only here because the Layout Options > Page Setup > New Flows choice is set to “Allow on existing page”.
When this option is set to “Always start new page” Dorico automatically invokes the “first page” Master for the first page of each flow.

This is a feature request, but I’m not entirely sure how Dorico currently handles this in normal “always start new page” layouts - maybe some sort of super-page-break that the user doesn’t see.

If we had some sort of option for “Allow on existing page but when a flow starts on a new page invoke first master page” then (in my case at least) this would no longer be a problem - the other manual overrides would shuffle along with ONE manual process (move redundant page to end, then delete page overrides for that page) and the master page changes wouldn’t exist.

In the meantime I’m looking for workarounds that don’t involve allowing new flows on the existing page.