Smooth Scrolling

Ok, so I’ve been using an older mouse I had kicking about and have just discovered that scrolling using the wheel is way better than it is on my Logitech MX2 mouse. Strange thing is though, that when I try and alter the scroll speed setting in the Logitech options app it has no effect in cubase, but it does have an effect in other programs such as Safari. I tried restarting cubase after I’d altered it but it still had no effect. Anyway, this could be a reason why this is an issue for some and not others, with the old mouse the incremental scrolling is no where near as bad as it is using my logitech mouse.

So I’m now thinking it’s a problem with the Logitech software not communicating with cubase properly, i.e. it’s only communicating a definitive speed with Cubase which is too high.

I don’t think the old mouse mentioned above (which is wireless) ever needed any software to get it to run unlike the Logitech one which does.

Looks like other are also having issues i.e. Mouse Scroll Wheel Performance Issues - Cubase - Steinberg Forums

Also wondering if any non Logitech users are having this same issue.

Another thing, my Logitech software does have application specific settings, i.e. you can have different mouse settings depending on which program you’re running, but changing this seems to have no effect on cubase at all, I’ve tried both ways, using it set to all applications, and then having a specific setting for cubase, no difference. It’s as if they’re not communicating the way Logitech does with other software.