Is it possible to change the pitch of audio without timestretch?

Hi, i think the intent is to be able to timestretch an audio event so that the rhythm expressed in bpm follows a chosen tempo “without pitch correction” because all cubase’s timestretch algorithms are destructive. The only way i found to alter the audio’s rhythm in a non destructive way is to use offline pitch shift and to check-off “time correction”. This is not practical for mixing events, like a dj would mix records by syncing beats playing with a pitch control knob.
I find weird that cubase’s pitch shift has an option to opt out of time correction but it’s time stretch / tempo track doesn’t have the option to opt out of pitch correction. In Cubase we can totally sequence all the elements we put on, and play with the time (speed) they occur but for stretching or shrinking an event that represent a fully complete (mastered) song so that it’s tempo matches a chosen bpm, there’s no option to prevent deterioration of the audio quality by trying to somehow preserve the pitch. As if thats was always desired. There must be a reason for this obvious limitation. It would be great to at least have an answer by someone who understand the question !