vst connect pro monitor

See, I don’t know what you mean by that. There is no reason for a delay or echo or the like using cue mixes.

“Cue buses not connected to anything are not good for anything.” Hmm. Cue buses should be “Not connected” in the control room studio tab. They are activated when needed via the cue rack or control room. At least that’s the way I’ve always done it. Am I wrong?

You only need to use cue buses as placeholders if you want to prepare a cue mix in another studio (a rare case, I guess). If none of the cue sends in your mixer is set to any level, you may as well remove the cue bus and add it when you need it. There is no need to use them as placeholders, you can add them at any time.

So I want to make sure I have this straight: when using VST Connect, it is necessary to delete one (or all?) Cue buses from VST Connection Studio tab before creatring VST Connect, so as to make room for the VST Cue mix. Do I have that right? The most I’ve ever used at one time is two cue buses, so I can certainly eliminate two of them.

You need exactly one cue channel for VST Connect, which is added automatically when you apply “Create” or “Repair VST Connect” if it’s not there already. But those functions can not do their work when all possible cue channels are already assigned to something else (or nothing as in your case).