How to create a playback score for microtonal music?

If everything were housed in a single staff, what MIDI data could Dorico even send on a per-accidental basis?

Unless Steinberg figures out how to wave a wand and get other developers on board… I just wonder if there’s not a solution via gold old fashioned MIDI to do this? It’s easy enough to script an instrument in Kontakt that tunes some groups differently than others. But the accidentals and MIDI data is what I’m more curious about. I’ve always just tuned two pianos on separate MIDI channels. But that’s piano-exclusive. I wouldn’t want to write vocals on two for obvious reasons, and I don’t love pitch bending on the fly for obvious reasons. The only thing I can think of is making an instrument that says “if you receive x data, play this note via these samples/tunings instead”. But anything I can think to put for x is certainly nothing that would become a standard way of doing this.

Does this have to be VST3 to really be an effective playback option from Dorico?

This isn’t an anti-Steinberg thing. It’s more of a “I’ve switched companies enough times over the years to prefer to do things on the instrument level” thing. I value consistency enough to not want a mess later on (or even just using multiple companies, which certainly isn’t a crime lol).

Any thoughts? Anyone? Bueller?

-Sean