Native Instruments Komplete Kontrol and Cubase

New to KK and relatively new to Cubase so the above explanation of rack vs track filled in a few missing pieces for me. Thanks for that. I believe I’ve read and found that you can only get the NI keyboard lightguide if you load the inst thru KK vs Kontact or K Player. Is that your experience?

I’ve bumped up against same same audio out dilemma for multiout instruments that you mention, eg drum kits. Don’t think I’ll load in KK because of the limited audio outs. I got this stuff to work with Session horns and what I think I’ve read and found that is ensembles are best loaded one KK instance per horn. Hope that doesn’t bog down my PC.

In my week with KK and NI mk2 I’ve found that non-NKS templates can be made with KK and that these are available in the User area of the kb’s Browser. But I don’t believe the file name you store them with is visible when they’re used. And Ive read that they can’t be renamed, supposedly because they’re stored in the database. I don’t think these support the light guide.

There is also separate NI controller editor software which allows setting up and coloring of keyboard key ranges in addition to knob assignments. But so far I’m unable to figure out how to use the templates created with those.
KHARMA