'Cannot run two instances of VST Connect' error

Hi Michael

I emailed you as suggested, but as I’ve not received a reply I’m assuming it ended up in your spam folder, so I’ll copy here what I wrote and hope to get the benefits of your expertise once again…

As you suggested, I changed my password but this had no effect. Also, it seems you have to change the password twice - for MySteinberg and for the forum, to the same password, which seems a bit strange.

But the issue with VST Connect remained as stated above. In fact, it is a little bit more complicated; one of the problems when I tried going with the key method is that it was unreliable and unstable, and if it crashed the ‘key’ option disappeared from the VST Connect editor window - the login option was there but the ID button had disappeared so there was no way of using the key method, unless I closed and reloaded the entire project.

There were other problems too:

The talkback cue in the upper left section of the editor was not mirrored from the control room to VST Connect until I clicked repair in the VST Connect menu. However, occasionally, clicking repair led to Cubase crashing and quitting.

We managed to record a vocal just once. Every other time I tried to record, it recorded just silence.

The performer’s reverb didn’t work.

In the control room panel, I couldn’t hear music when set to mix, I could only hear music on cue.

The performer’s video feed got more and more distorted until she re-selected it, which seemed to re-set it, which happened constantly.

The metronome click has disappeared too. I can see the signal in the control room panel but it doesn’t output anywhere, and in the VST Connections panel I can’t select anywhere for it to appear. (In a new project without VST Connect it works.)

Also, would I be correct in assuming that the recording quality is dependent on the internet stream quality and the Pro version is not affected by this? I would love to get the Pro version although, as it stands, I’m a long way from being convinced it would work as it should.

I included my credentials in the email of 11th April, but won’t here, obviously!

And yes, the “UserPreferences.xml” file in the Cubase settings folder.

Thanks

ian