is Ryzen great for cubase?

If this is the copper cooler and fan thingy that shipped in the past, those are a piece of crap. I built for my kid a gaming PC with AMD CPU (Piledriver or Bulldozer series, i cant recall now) and I got the one that shipped with the cooler. Very loud and wonky and IMO heavily under speced for that CPU. The CPU itself is decent and has lots of cores and does the job its stated to do at about 50% the cost of comparable Intel based CPU. Just the cooler no good.

All of the above said we have of course the new AMD chips coming out in less than a month when we should see new reviews. The latest leak on the 16-core “regular” desktop CPU from AMD that is coming out this fall seems really incredible to be honest. If it’s true it’s going to be a killer CPU that’sv virtually impossible to beat… Well, that or the 12-core…

With the new AMD cpus and the APUs, does Cubase 10 make use of any of these new APU technologies and functionality like Zen+ or DirectX12? I am under the impression that Cubase 10 is more graphics resource hungry but nowhere near what a computer game is; so is having a APU better for Cubase DAW usage and performance or is it still better to have a dedicated video card/graphics chip in the system, or it doesn’t really matter because Cubase is not a game anyways? Just curious.