Upgrade - an absolute rip off or not

I think the issue is more of a mentality of 10 being a full round number and the fact that Steinberg has in past typically been on the forefront of innovation and new ideas whereas this update is a little more playing catch-up with the competition. The most innovative idea was the mix console snapshots and that was an idea of mine that I suggested on the forums. I hope innovative people still work at Steinberg. I think the update is worth it for most people given all the extra sample library content and the workflow improvements. Those samples would cost more than 100 euro alone. Some of the updates are just for the future like ARA and high resolution display and 64bit mix engine and 32bit recording. Until manufactures start to support those things, the benefit is more in the future when you feel like updating to a high res or 4k monitor or ultrawide monitor. You can always update at 10.5 but the price will be more anyway. Cubase is still my favorite DAW and I’ve used all of them but I think people expected more mind blowing features compared to the history of Cubase and how is has historically been on the forefront of innovation.