VST Connect pro with Cubase 10

Well, made some good progress last night but still have some issues to resolve. First, when I set up a new session with the artist using his old M Audio interface which had worked the night before, he could see metering in the Performer app but could not hear anything as with the Presonus interface. I finally solved this by de-selecting the M-Audio in the app and immediately re-selecting it. Success!! We tried the same steps with the Presonus and it also worked! Perhaps this is a software bug that can be looked in to. Could also be an OS thing. I also noted that before connecting to the artist, the tiny EFX faders you mentioned are labeled EFX. After connecting, the label disappears. Thanks for showing me where to look.
Now that I can make the system function I can begin to focus on optimizing the setup. Even at the lowest resolution for audio and video, we are still experiencing audio glitches (even without video). I am sure this is due to problems with out internet connections. I am currently unable to hard-wire into the modem due to the location of the music room in my home. My Wi-fi speed is generally 25 MBPS DL and 11 MBPS UL. The connect side meter in the VSTC window shows full. The artist’s setup is currently Wi-fi and shows around 29 MBPS DL but only 5 MBPS UL. The performer meter in the VSTC only shows about 30% green. Is this telling me there is more of an issue on the artist side than mine (he will purchase an ethernet cable shortly)? Thanks