Cubase 10 Feedback Survey

Yes, Pro Tools is the industry standard for a reason. Now that Pro Tools Native is the same price as Cubase, if I was a new DAW customer I would seriously consider PT. I am working with another studio right now and we are recording live in the studio using Pro Tools and I am bringing the tracks back and using AAF format to import the session into Cubase. It works but I miss a lot of what was going on in Pro Tools so it really forced my hand to buy Pro Tools 2018.12. I’m still working in Cubase but there are things that PT does well like vocal comping. I sat there an watched an professional audio engineer just fly through a vocal comp. In no time we had a great track, bounced it, and done. I would love to see Cubase match or exceed what you can do in Pro Tools. The new Project Logical Editor is a good step in that direction. Those commands have to port from one version to another.

Bottom line for me, I don’t want to spend time using and struggling with software. I want to make music and do things on my own to save with production costs as it is difficult to make it back on album sales and streaming income.