Hello all from a recent transplant from Digital Performer

Thanks for taking the time to reply Steve.

I have a couple of responses…:

Glad to know about this functionality, but it’s a really messy workaround. I really don’t think it’s crazy to want the tempo of the sequence to truly mirror what is happening musically. If I want to maintain a tempo of 90 bpm but go from dotted quarters to regular quarters, the inconvenience in Cubase of the math involved is prohibitive, as opposed to the elegance in DP…
DP Compound tempo adjustments.m4v.zip (1.52 MB)

Here’s A little video example. The improv is very slow and slightly rubato. Notice how after having moved the second barline to the appropriate note, all the music downstream is interpreted in the new tempo and any adjustments after that are minimal and obvious. If I wanted even greater accuracy I could go in a clean up individual beats of course…

DP ADJUST BEATS VID.m4v.zip (172 Bytes)
(Notice also that the transcription engine doesn’t need any instruction regarding quantization or split points. It automatically senses that this needs a grand staff etc…and it intelligently displays note lengths appropriate to the context.

I realize that people coming from a different platform and requesting features seemingly specific to that platform may be annoying, but the above thoughts really aren’t huge asks in my opinion!

E