Was Nuendo Ten Premature?

Certainly. Every single DAW I’ve ever used, and most full releases of them, has sounded different in one way or another, be it SAW Studio, Audition, Pro Tools, Pyramix, Quartz, and so on. I can’t really remember how Nuendo 2 and 3 sounded anymore, and I didn’t even know Cubase had gotten a sibling at first release, but the first thing I reacted to when I upgraded to Nuendo 4 was how incredibly much better everything sounded, and how much easier it got to get to where I wanted. This has been true for every single release since then, and this time the level of detail and resolution totally blew me away.
I did however notice that things sounded less heavy and brighter right off the bat when imported into Nuendo 10 than how things had sounded before, and not least when comparing to the original files, as my first gig on Nuendo 10 was a clean-up mastering-gig where I was alternating between Nuendo 10 and Izotope Spectral Repair, and both Wavelab LE (have to prioritize things right now) and (especially) Sound Forge complicated things had I done that there.
This worried me that my mixes would suffer from it, but now, a few weeks in as a happy Nuendo 10 user, I can say that that was no problem! I have to deal a bit differently with EQ and filtering in N10 than I did in previous versions, but from what I can tell right now, things produced here seems to work much better on older versions of Nuendo than the other way around, which means it’s a very good thing by the looks of it right now. The jury’s still out, but right now WIH (What I Hear) when I work seems to be WIG (What I Get) when I render.