MIDI notes too early

For what it’s worth by way of info…

I have used Cubase 7.5 for 6 years with a Windows 7 pc. I have used a Focusrite Scarlett 1820i with it. No problems at all with Midi latency…and lets be clear, I am talking about MIDI latency - not AUDIO latency…I have never had a problem with audio latency.

I recently was forced to start using a new Windows 10pro pc due to loss of support for the W7 machine and reluctantly spent days setting up Cubase on the new W10 machine from my original disk and all my vst plugins and licenses on that new pc.

When I finally started to actually record, suddenly I encounter this midi latency problem…i.e. (as in the posts below) …when I record anything using my midi controllers (various) there is no sound latency as I’m playing, but I can see that all the midi notes are being offset to about 3/8th’s of a bar earlier than when I actually play them and so if I play a note on the very first beat of the bar it is lost.

I’ve tried every fix suggested here and elsewhere, but nothing seems to work.

I still have Cubase 7.5 on my old Window 7 pc and can simply switch my Focusrite 1820i and elicenser back to that again to see if the midi latency happens on the old pc now

NO - IT DOESN’T!! - and I’m forced to go back to using the old pc…minus half my plugins which are just too tedious to reload…

I have laboriously checked all the settings for everything mentioned below …and more…and set up Cubase identically on both machines.

Midi latency only happens for me on the Windows 10 pc…not on the Windows 7…using all the same hardware and software.

So what is the problem here? My Steinberg support here in Singapore is great…but also unable to locate the source of the problem.

Does anyone in Steinberg central have an idea? This has obviously been going on for years judging by all the posts in different forums I’ve read.