An open plea to Steinberg

I suggest that users be required to READ THE MANUAL and pass a basic test before being allowed to participate in the poll(s) recommended in this thread.

It’d also be nice if the hecklers who are obviously paid trolls for competing products were somehow weeded out. It’s obvious at times that a lot of the noise is by people who have no intention of ever actually learning and using Cubase, let alone offering anything useful and constructive to things like bug fix and development jiras and wikis.

Every day I see dozens of ‘feature requests’ for things that Cubase has been doing just fine by multiple methods and workflow possibilities since nineteen-ninety-weird. At times it’s as ridiculous as claiming my Trombone is a ‘waste of money’ because it doesn’t play a supersonic C-32 all by itself…and oh good lord, Edward should give me a yellow brass bell for free now that I’m doing more jazz, even though I ordered the rose bell at a time I was doing more classical! Nothing wrong with the rose bell, but Edward somehow screwed me and owes me the Yellow bell too!

You can show them step by step exactly how to do it, and even give them scripts and macros that’ll do it FOR THEM with a ‘single click or key-combo’, and even go so far as to give them a map so that punching ONE BUTTON on their MIDI keyboard will do it…and they just stick their fingers in their ears, spout off examples of how a dozen ‘other products’ does it (usually takes just as many steps or requires just as much time/brain power), and fuss for many hours on forums instead of giving it a try and getting back to making music.